Lineage II Valor

A New L2 Gaming Experience
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Hello! I'm Qchan!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Qchan
Academy Student
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:06 pm


As a former dev for L2J, I do have knowledge in java programming and development. However, if you're running the official server files, that may be difficult. The reasons are because:

1) Official files are illegal. That knocks on my conscious

2) The incentive in programming specifically for your server would be counter productive to the fact that the current L2 servers are all Kamael. That is several chronicles after C4.

If you do not desire my services, then that is fine. However, I've only offered them as a favor for Nite Dog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormBringer
Donator
Donator


Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:31 pm

Righto, speak to Lundie when hes back? lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qchan
Academy Student
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:49 pm

StormBringer wrote:
Righto, speak to Lundie when hes back? lol

Don't worry about it. I decided to concede my offer. I, instead, gave the offer to another person.

Interesting for me to get so much resistance from L2 Valor. Well, you all enjoy your evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KitchenKnife
VIP
VIP


Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Pretty pointless boasting offers if your just going to offer it to someone else.

And i dont see how you cant understand our skeptisism towards this seeing as its a kinda unusual offer and situation for someone to come in offer free stuff for no reason and leave.

But ok..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cratus
Lineage II Valor Server Owner
Lineage II Valor Server Owner
avatar

Posts : 111
Join date : 2008-01-13
Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 pm

it's Nitedog he's offered it to, and besides, quite being a little bitch about your conscience, and get the fuck over it, that just means your used to running shitty servers and not actually talented at Deving/Gming at all.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kontrol
Gamemaster
Gamemaster
avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2007-12-20
Location : Brisbane, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Cratus wrote:
it's Nitedog he's offered it to, and besides, quite being a little bitch about your conscience, and get the fuck over it, that just means your used to running shitty servers and not actually talented at Deving/Gming at all.

that made me chuckle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qchan
Academy Student
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:38 am

Cratus wrote:
it's Nitedog he's offered it to, and besides, quite being a little bitch about your conscience, and get the fuck over it, that just means your used to running shitty servers and not actually talented at Deving/Gming at all.


I offered it to you for the sake of Nitedog.

I'm sorry if you guys are offended. How should I respond when someone is already announcing that they do not trust me? Do you honestly think I should keep trying until you guys are satisfied? I felt it would've been totally pointless.

As far as my conscience is concerned. Are you offended that I'd rather not join your dev team? Perhaps my reasons to you don't really seem like reasons, but they are valid ones to me.

1) L2 Extreme was shutdown by the FBI for hosting official server files illegally. I think a big portion of that had more to do with the popularity it garnered, however that doesn't stop the possibility of someone reporting you. I don't need to get involved in something like that.

2) You never explicitly asked me to join your dev team. You told Nitedog of what I could possibly do. However, there was no guarantee that you'd even add me to the dev team.

3) I've been hosting L2 servers since Chronicle 1.. I joined the L2J team during the beginning of Chronicle 2 and left around the time Chronicle 3 was released. So, I've been doing this for quite awhile now. Considering that I have Linux experience and you do not, that would definitely qualify me as a better server admin. As far as GMing/Deving. Maybe you are better. I really don't know. Depends on how long you have been GMing and programming. As for me, I've been programming for several years now. Right now, I can program in C++. C#, Java, Assembly, Qbasic, Basic A, PHP, HTML and Java Script. I'm quite sure you could program in more languages.

So, in conclusion, I'm still willing to help if you'd like. However, I doubt you'll want it now. Perhaps it's customary for you to bash, reject and/or insult those who only want to help. Well, c'est la vie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kontrol
Gamemaster
Gamemaster
avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2007-12-20
Location : Brisbane, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:47 am

you have to understand that people would have doubt's about your offer. No offense to you, i myself don't have any experience at all at deving nor do i know how to program, but i have never seen or heard of anyone offering what you have offered to this server. Your intentions may be legitimate or they may not be, either way there's no way doubt's wouldn't be voiced.

and as for the "illegal" use of official files, i know a few server's that closed because of the fbi, hell, an old friend of mine got taken to court over it, but since l2x and the friend's servers both came back up using official files, i assume that it isn't as illegal as u may think it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormBringer
Donator
Donator


Posts : 277
Join date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:16 am

I would remind Qchan he is being extremely homo about a standard response to an unusual appearance/thread.

But i find the sarcasm/seriousness really annoying so i dont care now ;(

I suggest waiting for Lundie to speak to him properly, I'm sure he'd be very interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirIlix
Genin
Genin


Posts : 95
Join date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:38 am

Like I said before, this times for the rather blind people on the internet

L2Off C4 x64 PTS Leeked files DO NOT work on Linux. NCSoft uses Windows 2k3 Servers and their server files are optimized for / require a Windows OS (64bit obviously)

Another point is MSSQL which is coded by microsoft and will obviously not work on Linux I guess.

w/e why do I even care bout this ><
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JeffPrick
Rookie
Rookie
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:11 am

So much hate, show some love niggers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatal
Genin
Genin


Posts : 77
Join date : 2008-02-10
Age : 109

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:12 am

must not fap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArchReaper
Academy Student
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2008-02-12
Location : Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:44 am

I really don't understand why you can be seemingly angry at us for taking your offer with some hesitance. Can you really not see how it isn't easy for us to essentially give you control of the server when you just joined, we don't know you, and we can't verify that you're legitimate. If you are really that surprised about it, I highly suggest you do as you say you've done and decide to host someone else. Otherwise, wait for Lundie to get on and consider this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cratus
Lineage II Valor Server Owner
Lineage II Valor Server Owner
avatar

Posts : 111
Join date : 2008-01-13
Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Lundie would say the same as I have...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Qchan
Academy Student
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:05 pm

SirIlix wrote:
Like I said before, this times for the rather blind people on the internet

L2Off C4 x64 PTS Leeked files DO NOT work on Linux. NCSoft uses Windows 2k3 Servers and their server files are optimized for / require a Windows OS (64bit obviously)

Another point is MSSQL which is coded by microsoft and will obviously not work on Linux I guess.

w/e why do I even care bout this ><


I found what you said to be interesting.

In the beginning, I figured you guys were running L2J. I checked the website and it really didn't specify.

As far as MSSQL is concerned, it doesn't work that much differently than MySQL. It's just the Microsoft implementation of SQL. I wouldn't recommend MSSQL because of several security flaws, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirIlix
Genin
Genin


Posts : 95
Join date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 am

This server is L2Off and it won't work with MySQL. Same goes for Linux.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naruto
Donator
Donator
avatar

Posts : 375
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 27
Location : Konoha Village

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Qchan just get the fuck out of this server, no-one needs you. All of your posts are getting more boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/edilsondacunha
Qchan
Academy Student
Academy Student
avatar

Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:42 am

Naruto wrote:
Qchan just get the fuck out of this server, no-one needs you. All of your posts are getting more boring.

Alright, I will Naruto.

Oh, and one last thing.

Sasuke finally meets up with Itachi and they fight for the first time. The first thing they use is genjutsu on each other. So, it appears as though they're just standing till staring at each other. Finally, Itachi reveals to Sasuke that he was aiming to take Sasuke's eyes. The whole purpose of him making him angry was for him to use the mangenkyou to reach his limit and them steals Sasuke's eyes to exceed that limit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TonyPrick
Academy Student
Academy Student


Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:52 am

KIM JONG IL WILL MAKE YOU PAY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hello! I'm Qchan!   

Back to top Go down
 
Hello! I'm Qchan!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lineage II Valor :: Server Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: